Monday 28 June 2010

Not liking this!

My fucking house is over-run with cockroaches tonight. I'm not a fan of creepy crawlies and I get that weird shuddering thing going on when I see one. Should one get too close, the shuddering progresses to a jumping, flapping and frantic rubbing of the hair. It's not the most masculine manoeuvre, I'll grant you that.

They seem to be massing in the bathroom but their plan is literally going tits up because they keep landing on their backs. Why has this species (that is supposedly the most resilient on Earth) not figured out a way to get up off its back?

Suits me, the ugly bastards.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As long as the little feckers don't go next door!

Salty Miss Jill said...

I am absolutely terrified of cockroaches.
I'd move, myself.
Good luck with all that.

Nomad said...

The other day, I walked into the kitchen and immediately noticed something was "up" with the cats. They acted slightly paranoid and disturbed. A quick look around gave me my answer. A huge cockroach was climbing up the door of the cabinet. When I saw huge, I am talking Texas huge. The size of a NBA player's thumb print. I swatted at it and to my horror, it flew!! Not well or fast but fly it did and it had no sense (or an incredible sense) of direction because it always seemed to fly toward me. There was that moment in every battle with cockroaches when I lost track of it and suddenly imagined it climbing up my leg or in my hair. I finally managed to spray the thing with toxins and watch it cross it arms skeptically and croak. Lesson learned: Cockroaches, beastly things. Flying cockroaches? the stuff of psychotic nightmares.

Unknown said...

Those bad boys are what they all B-52 cock-a-roaches in Hawaii. They normally live outside. You need to see where they are coming in and plug it up. Try sprinkling some borax around the edge of the wall. These big ones are not as bad as the smaller ones that are truly nasty and live in the house all the time. When we bought our house the previous tenants were -- how can I say it nicely? -- NASTY, and the roaches were crawling on the walls during the DAYTIME. My dog was like, WTF?! Thank goodness for exterminators.